The Kenya High Commission in Kampala was established in 1981 on a military backbone to strengthen the historic relations between Kenya and Uganda with the first High Commissioner, reporting on 2nd March, 1981.
The Kenya High Commission’s mandate is to implement Kenya’s Foreign Policy and strengthen bilateral relations between Kenya and Uganda.
To protect, promote and project Kenya’s interest in the Republic of Uganda through innovative diplomacy.
To be a model diplomatic Mission advancing Kenya’s interests and values in the Republic of Uganda.
In execution of her mandate, the Mission’s functions include;
- Representing and protecting Kenya’s interest in Uganda;
- Articulating Kenya’s foreign policy in Uganda;
- Promoting and sustaining warm/ cordial Kenya-Uganda relations;
- Engaging with host Government representatives, consumer organizations, business community and industry leaders in Uganda on issues of mutual interest;
- Providing consular services;
- Promoting East African Cooperation and Integration.
The Mission will be guided by the following core values
- Patriotism: Our Staff shall exercise loyalty and uphold allegiance to the Republic of Kenya at all times.
- Customer Focus: We shall treat our stakeholders with courtesy respect and promptness.
- Professionalism: Our staff shall exercise high level of professional competence and confidentiality in all their work.
- Equity and Fairness: We shall promote justice impartiality and diversity in all our dealings.
- Team Spirit: We shall promote teamwork to enhance service delivery and inculcate shared and collective responsibility in executing our mandate.
- Ethics and Integrity: We will embrace transparency and accountability in all operations of the Mission.