DEATH OF A KENYAN CITIZEN IN UGANDA
Kenya High Commission Kampala assists in the event of death of a Kenyan Citizen in Uganda by seeking clearance from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Uganda to enable the next of kin transport the remains of the deceased to Kenya upon presentation of the following documents to the High Commission:
1. A letter from a family member/next of kin addressed to the High Commissioner seeking assistance to repatriate the remains. A copy of an identification document (National ID or Passport) of the person requesting should be attached.
2. Post Mortem Examination report
3. Certificate of Embalming
4. Medical certificate of cause of death
5. Copy of Passport or National ID of the deceased as proof of nationality
6. During this period of Covid-19 pandemic the Government of Uganda also require a Covid-19 test be done on the deceased. It's there important you present Covid-19 test certificate/report
7. Details of how the remains will be repatriated; If by Road you should provide the vehicle number plate, driver' name and ID/Passport (Attach copies). If the remains are to be airlifted as cargo kindly provide confirmed airline booking, Airway bill and consignee details.